The content in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website is specific to your location and the industry that you work in.
In most cases you will select the province where you work.
However, select "Federal and Territories", if any of the following apply:
- You live in Northwest Territories, Nunavut or Yukon.
- You work as a federal civil servant anywhere in Canada.
- You work in one of the following industries:
- airports or air transportation
- broadcasting - radio, television or cable television
- fisheries (but only if your business relates to the protection and preservation of fisheries as a natural resource)
- shipping and navigation (including loading and unloading vessels)
- grain handling
- uranium mining and processing
- certain federal crown agencies
- You work in one of the following industries AND (a) your activities connect one province to another OR (b) extend beyond the limit of one province:
- air transport
- ferries, tunnels and bridges
- highway transport of good or passengers
- railway transport of goods or passengers
Select the province where you live from the drop-down list at the top of the page or from the list below. However, select Federal and Territories if you live in the Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavut OR work in one of the industries listed above.
A number of provinces have different rules if you work in the construction industry. Accordingly, to make sure you get the right information, select the industry that you work in from the drop-down list at the top of the page or from the list below.